The Community Recreation Program organizes trips for all PNSY families. The program provides trips for active duty military, DoD civilians, and their families.
We have trips that provide transportation to a specified destination that may be to a specific event or it may be a place where participants have the option to explore the destination on their own.
We also provide trips that are 'Drive on you own". These outings have a specific destination where MWR has planned a program for you to enjoy on your own. These outings have reservations for the event and/or reservations for a place for you to stayif an overnight trip.
MWR plans a variety of trips:
- Cultural excursions are trips that involve the arts, intellectual pursuits and/or societal customs.
- Spectator excursions are trips that involve watching shows, games or other events.
- Tourism excursions are trips that involve traveling to places outside the usual environment.
- Experiential excursions are trips or outings that involve participation in an activity (rock climbing, tubing, outdoor recreation adventure, and fishing).
*Some trips/tours/outings may provide transportation and others may require your own transportation.
Be sure to check out our web site and facebook page facebook.com/pnsymwr to find out more about upcoming trips.
Some of our trips planned for 2017:
- Patriots Day Trip at Minute Man National Park, Concord MA
- New York City Trips in the Spring & Winter
- Whitewater rafting on the Kennebec River
- Fall trip to Washington, DC
- Boston Christmas Festival
- And much more!